Anyone can develop eczema even in their later age. If you are not sure why or what the cause is, there are a list of possibilities and causes. However, personally, you need to pin point what triggers or flares up your eczema, that way you are in a better position to mange whatever triggers it bearing in mind that people lead different life styles.Eczema triggers could be as a result of food allergies, sensitivity to dairy products, sensitivity to detergents in daily products or additives. It is also important to bear in mind that, people with eczema often develop sensitive skin and should be treated gently. Even using perfumed (synthetic ) skincare products can aggravate the skin due to the harsh chemicals that are not gentle on the skin. So be very careful when choosing products, don't choose them because they smell nice.Only make sure you know the ingredients that's been used in making them and that they are natural and gentle.
In the United kingdom, more and more people both old and young are suffering from Eczema. According to statistics, An estimated 1.7 million people in the UK have eczema, and the numbers appear to be rising.Chronic itching can severely reduce their quality of life. 15 million people have some form of eczema. This tells me that this is still a misunderstood condition that people are fighting to understand. Because eczema affects people in different forms.
Brush with Eczema
A few years ago, when I first found out that the rashes on my daughters skin was eczema I was devastated. From then on, I suddenly began to notice people and children with eczema, where ever I went I saw a bit of scratching and itching here and there. At that point I promised my self that I would do everything to help find a solution to the problem.With this article, I hope to share a few tips and solutions that can help you manage and deal with eczema prone skin using natural remedies and methods. As you know, he skin is the largest organ of the body and understanding how it functions and the reason why we develop certain ailments is a very good way to look after yourself. Skin problems cause a huge amount discomfort as well as emotional stress and can make people sometimes feel unsure especially after trying so many different things that haven't worked. I totally believe If you understand a skin problem then you would understand how to deal with it or find solution to the problem.I have seen a lot of people from newly born to granny who have suffered dry and eczema prone skin.
Questions to ask ?
1. Why this happens,
2. When it happens and
3. What particular time you mostly experience the flair ups.
Some triggers that may flare up eczema:
detergents and drying soaps
stress, fragrance, scratchy clothing (ie: wool), dairy products (sometimes nuts), dust mites
Using perfumed skincare products can aggravate the skin due to the harsh chemicals that are not gentle on the skin which often causes allergic reactions.
I believe If you understand a skin problem then you would understand how to deal with it or find solution to the problem.I have seen a lot of people from newly born to grannys who have suffered dry and eczema prone skin
Tips for dealing with Eczema
1. Make sure you add essential fatty acids to your diet like evening primrose oil, borage oil, flax seed, hemp, using supplement will help reduce the inflammatory response inside the body. Taking antioxidants such a betacarotene and vit C and E help boost the immune system.
2. Drinking herbal teas such as chamomile and nettle will help calm and stop itchy and allergic reactions.
3. Having Herbal bath using porridge oats in muslin cloth helps stop itching and especially soothing for babies and children. I suggest adding a few drops of lavender oil and olive oil in the bath to help lock in moisture
4. Apply an emollient cream regularly such as ours, that contain chickweed Safflower oil are soothing and healing and will help stop the itchy feeling. Topically use ointments with marigold. Those with mild eczema often report good result from using our Neroli dry skin cream
5. Those with moderate to itchy Eczema both adults and children have reported good results from using our Active Eczema cream. Which was developed as a result of our own family eczema problems.
Helpful home remedies for eczema
Oatmeal wash- run oat in a muslin cloth to help stop itching
Oil in bath to lock in moisture- choose oil with out any chemicals olive or almond
Dehydrated skin should be constantly moisturised to lock and seal in.
Consult a practitioner to help you understand your skin ailment better.